Join us for a public meeting to review the 2015 budget.
- Main Library: Tuesday, September 16th at 6:00 pm
- Lansingburgh Branch: Wednesday, September 17th at 6:00 pm
Find out more about the upcoming vote.
Saturday, September 27th at 11 a.m
Come celebrate Johnny Appleseed’s 240th Birthday at the Troy Public Library! We will have apple tasting, apple crafts, and stories of Johnny’s life.
For kids age 4-12. Registration is required. Please call 274-7071 or register online.
Thursday, September 18th at 6:00 pm
Did you know that candy is for more than just eating?! Test, soak, stretch, dissolve, smash–and maybe even taste!–candy to learn more about science and the world around you in this fun and educational session of experiments. For kids 5-10 with adult. Please call 274-7071 or register online.
Tuesday, September 23rd, 12 noon to 8:00 pm
Main Library and Lansingburgh Branch
2015 Budget Information:
This year’s library vote will be held on Tuesday, September 23, at the Main Library and the Lansingburgh Branch from 12 noon until 8:00 PM. The 2015 budget will be the only question on the ballot since there are no trustees up for election. The budget includes a 1.9% tax levy increase, as appropriate to reflect the 2% tax cap, to help cover some of the increasing costs that the library faces.
Continue Reading »
Join us at the Troy Public Library for a series of Arts and Crafts workshops. The following classes are already scheduled and we will be adding more so be sure to check for an updated list.
Paper Crafting: September 10th and 17th, Main Library, Register online.
Make playful party decorations, luscious bouquets, and sophisticated floral centerpieces with inexpensive tissue and crepe paper. In this workshop Petra will walk you through the easy basics of transforming simple materials into a vibrant display of fanciful handmade blooms suitable for every occasion.
- Drawing Basics: September 20th at 9:30 am, Main Library, Register online. Have you ever wanted to try to draw the world around you? Try your hand at some of the basics in drawing. Learn some simple tricks to help you draw perspective and space. Through slowing down and looking carefully you will gain the ability to sketch and map out objects on a page. In this workshop, we will draw from still life and even a little of the local architecture.
- Pottery: September 23rd and 30th at 6:00 pm, Lansingburgh, Register online. October 21st and 28th at 6:00 pm, Main Library, Register online. If you enjoy creating objects with your hands you will love this workshop! Our first session will consist of hand-building clay objects for decorative use (vase, plates, etc.). In our second session we will finish our surface by decorating with colorful under-glazes. Come and enjoy all that clay has to offer!
- Felt & PomPom Ornament Making Class: October 14th and 21st at 6:00 pm, Lansingburgh, Register online. Petra Jancovicova from Anchor No. 5 will lead a two-part Felt & Pom Pom Ornament Making Workshop.
Continue Reading »