Thursday, June 20 from 5:30 -7:30pm
There will be a 2-hour Civil Service Test Preparation workshop by Deb Baum from CSEA Work Institute. The topics will include:
- General Test Taking Tips
- Understanding and Interpreting Written Material
- Preparing Written Material
This program is free, but registration is required. Please register by calling 274-7071.
Summer Reading Club begins June 24th for young people age 3 through young adult. Stop by either branch of the Troy Public Library on or after this date to pick up a reading record or sign up online. Jot down what you read or how long you read. Bring it to the library each week for a chance at bigger prizes. At the end of the summer you can choose a book to keep!
Upcoming Summer Programs for kids: (All programs are free. Please make sure to register.)
- June 20th: Comedian/Mime Jodi Scalise at 6:30 pm, Main Library, for all ages. No registration necessary.
- June 28th: Music Together: an early childhood music and movement program at 10:30 am, Lansingburgh Branch, for children up to age 5
- June 29th: Comic Jam workshop with cartoonist Ira Marcks at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm, Main Library for ages 8-12. Register Online
- July 1st: All about the Fishes! Learn fish safety and make fish art at 2:00 pm, Lansingburgh Branch, ages 6 plus. Register Online
- July 6th: Video Game Design, Part 1 (first of 3 part series, continues 7/13 and 7/27) at 10:30 am to 12:30 pm, Main Library for ages 10 and up. Register Online
- July 9th: Magician Jim Snack at 6:30 pm, Main Library, for all ages. No registration necessary.
- July 9th: Image Transfer Class* at 6:00 pm, Lansingburgh Branch, ages 8 and up. Bring in some of your own materials (photos, and magazine pictures) and learn how to transfer them onto other mediums to incorporate into an art piece. Sarah from Art by Sarah Jane will present this workshop. Register Online
- July 10th: Card Making Workshop* at 6:00 pm, Lansingburgh Branch, ages 8 and up. What better way to start the summer than with a wealth of new ideas to add to your card making arsenal and simplify your creations! Register Online
Continue Reading »
Tuesday, July 9 at 6:00 pm
Class will prepare students to pass the Citizenship Examination.
- Applying for Citizenship (the N-400 Form)
- Benefits and Responsibilities of Citizenship
- Preparing for the Citizenship Interview and Test
The class will meet for 12 weeks and is limited to 15 participants. A $15 donation will be collected the first night of class for the textbook.
Benefits of U. S. Citizenship Include:
- Bringing close relatives to live in the U. S.
- Traveling with a U.S. Passport
- Voting in Elections
- Working for the U.S. Government
- Prevent risk of deportation
To register please call 274-7071 or register online.
Sponsored by Literacy Volunteers of Rensselaer County
June 26 at 6:30pm
Master Gardener and Interior Designer Denise Maurer will be presenting this workshop.
Gardening in a small space has its limits, but it need not be limiting. In a small garden, the gardener can pay attention to detail. You can keep on top of maintenance, while still having time to sit and enjoy your small garden. In fact, many small space gardens are designed around entertaining and sitting areas. Virtually any plant or garden style can be worked into a small garden space. Learn how to choose your site, develop your plant list and how to use gardening principles on a smaller scale.
The program is free and open to the public, but please call the library at 274-7071 to register or register online.
Friday, August 9th at 7:00pm
Joe Bruno Stadium
Tri-City Valley Cats vs. Jamestown Jammers at the Joe Bruno Stadium. Fireworks immediately following! Tickets are available at both locations. Proceeds benefit the library.