Record titles or how much time you spend reading on your folder. Bring the reading record with you when you visit the library and win prizes!
The reading program is open to young people, preschool through young adult. We also offer a variety of special programs at both the Main Library and the Lansingburgh Branch for various ages.
- Tuesday, August 5th at 1:00 pm: Tea-licious! Tea party and Craft, Main Library, for ages 4 to 7, register online.
- Wednesday, August 6th at 10:30 am: Family Storytime, Main Library, for children age 0 to 5
- Wednesday, August 6th at 5:15 pm: Squishy Solids by WMHT, Lansingburgh Branch, for ages 7- 12, register online.
- Thursday, August 7th at 11:30 am: Jack and the Beanstalk by the Puppet People, Main Library, for ages 3-8
- Wednesday, August 13th at 2:00 pm: Make Music with Casey Chapman, Main Library, for ages 6-10
- Wednesday, August 13th at 5:15 pm: Bubblemania by WMHT, Lansingburgh Branch, for ages 7- 12, register online.
- Wednesday, August 20th at 1:00 pm: Chemical Magic by WMHT, Lansingburgh Branch, for ages 7- 12, register online.
- Thursday, August 21st at 6:00 pm: End of Summer Reading Party, Main Library, all ages
For more information, contact the Young People’s Department at (518) 274-7071. All programs are free. We are grateful to the Friends of the Troy Public Library for helping to support our programs.
Thursdays, July 10 to August 28th at 6:30pm
Join us in the courtyard of the Main Library on Thursdays for 10 minutes of live acoustic music followed by a contemporary short story read out loud. Discussion and refreshments to follow!
Musical guests and readers:
- July 31st – Patricia Carley/Steve Anderson (Guitar)
- August 7th – Barbara Stubblebine/Garth Green (Guitar)
- August 14th – Jim Lewis/Ray Andrews (Guitar)
- August 21st – Barbara Wood/George Wilson (Fiddle)
- August 28th – Marggie Skinner/Bobby Kendall (Guitar)
Refreshments provided by Hannaford.
June 30th to August 22nd, 2013
All Library Locations
By reading books this summer, you could explore new worlds, meet new people, have fun, learn something new and maybe win a prize! For every four books you check out and read this summer, you can enter your name into a prize drawing.
Drawings will be held on Friday mornings from June 30th through August 22nd. Participants must be at least 16 years old and hold a valid library card from the Upper Hudson Library system. Books, ebooks and audio books available through the library count towards your goal.
Continue Reading »
Mondays at 6:30 pm
- August 4th: The Places In Between by Rory Stewart
September 8th: Coming of Age in Mississippi by Anne Moody
October 13th: Orphan Master’s Son by Adam Johnson – Monday, October 13th
Ask for a copy at the desk.
Tuesdays, July 15th to August 19th at 10:00 am
Will your child be ready? Are you ready? This series of workshops will provide information for parents and stories for children to help both prepare for Kindergarten. Fun Hands-on play activities follow each story. Reading books aloud with children enhances their development by promoting their understanding of print concepts, vocabulary, and logical thinking. It also creates a life-long love of reading.
Each child will receive a backpack full of books! For children entering kindergarten in Fall 2014.
- August 5: What’s that Sound? Discovering Poetry
- August 12: I Can Read…Exploring Environmental Print
- August 19: Express Your Self! Story Re-telling and Journaling
This program is free but Space is Limited! Participants must register by calling 274-7071 or register online.
This summer reading program is in collaboration with the Capital District Child Care Council and the Troy Public Library. Funded by the United Way of the greater Capital Region