Wednesdays, April 17 to June 12 at 6:00 pm
Join us for this nine week program that will culminate in a completed comic book by the group and a release party. You need not attend all nine classes, but we ask you to attend at least five.
- May 22nd – Story Land Map: think outside your own ideas by using a random map to create a story. Register online.
- May 29th – Cover Printing: Risograph printing for covers. Meet at Design It Together Studio. Register online.
- June 5th – Publishing a Comic: Learn about layout, binding and what it takes to complete a project. Register online.
- June 12th - Release Party! Register online.
Please plan on attending at least 5 of the nine sessions. Register for sessions individually.
For children in grades 5 and up! This program is free and open to the public. To register call 235-5310.
This project is made possible through COMMUNITYART$GRANTS, a program funded through the State and Local Partnership Program of the NYS Council on the Arts and the Arts Center of the Capital Region.
During the month of May you can donate unopened containers of wet/dry cat and dog food as well as cat litter for local animal shelters.
Please bring your item to the Young People’s Room at the Main Library or to the Lansingburgh Branch.
For more information or to get involved please see the following links:
Every second and fourth Wednesday of the month.
Join us for Anime viewings, DDR nights, contests, and prizes.
If you have any questions, feel free to call the library at 274-7071.
Preschool Family Storytime will be offered for children up to the age of 5 accompanied by parents and caregivers.
- Main Library: Wednesdays at 10:30 am. Please call 274-7071 to register.
- Lansingburgh Branch: Fridays at 10:30 am Please call 235-5310 to sign up.
We will share stories, rhymes, songs, and simple crafts.
Monthly on Wednesdays at 6:00 pm
June 19th – The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
July 10th – 11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass
August 7th – Stoneheart by Charlie Fletcher
September 11th – Liar and Spy by Rebecca Stead
To find out more and register to participate, call 235-5310.