Classes will be held from April to June.
Join us at the Lansingburgh Branch for a series of Arts and Crafts workshops. The following classes are already scheduled and we will be adding more so be sure to check the website for an updated list:
- Watercolor Class: Saturdays, May 4th, May 11th and May 18th at 9:30 am – We will spend most of our time outdoors learning to paint “Plein Air” and looking carefully at flowers and plants. Techniques explored will include: dry brush, washes, wet- on-wet blending, and basic color mixing. Students will be guided in drawing, so no prior drawing experience is necessary. Students should bring a no. 2 round watercolor brush, a no. 4 or 6 round water color brush, and an oval wash brush. Register online.
- Pottery Workshop: Mondays, May 13th and May 20th at 6:00 pm – Local potter Bianca Dupuis will conduct a two-part Hand-Building Pottery Workshop. First session will consist of hand-building a clay object. In our second session we will finish our surface by decorating with colorful under-glazes. Come and enjoy all that clay has to offer! Register online.
Continue Reading »
Saturdays, April 27 – June 8, 10:00 am
“Writing with Melville,” presented by local writer/teacher Amy Halloran. This five-week fiction workshop is based on Herman Melville’s life and writing. Students will learn a bit about the author’s history in Troy and read his shorter fiction, which will serve as a starting point for writing short stories. This project is made possible in part through a Community Art$Grant, a program funded by The Arts Center of the Capital Region through the New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency.
This program is free, but preregistration is required call 274-7071 or register online, as seating is limited.
The Troy Public Library will offer the following computer classes in the upcoming months at our Main Library and Lansingburgh Branches.
Tuesdays, 10:00 am
- Computer Basics: May 7th
- Internet Basics Part 2: May 14th
- Email Workshop: May 21st
- Microsoft Word Workshop: May 28th
These programs are free and open to the public. Please make reservations by calling the Main Library at 274-7071.
Mondays at 5:30pm
- Basic Computers, Part 1: May 13th
- Basic Computers, Part 2: May 20th
- Intro to Internet: June 3rd
- Email Workshop: June 10th
- Intro to Word, Part 1: June 17th
- Intro to Word, Part 2: June 24th
- Basics of Amazon, Craigslist and eBay: May 6th
One-on-one Instruction is available by appointment on Mondays, please call to make an appointment.
These programs are free and open to the public. Please make reservations by calling the Lansingburgh Branch at 235-5310.
First Thursday of the month beginning January 3, 2013 at 5:30 -7:00pm
The clinic will provide legal consultations in various areas of law.
Upcoming schedule for 2013
- January 3rd
- February 7th
- March 7th
- April 4th
- May 2nd
- June 6th
- July—no clinic
- August 1st
- September 5th
- October 3rd
- November 7th
- December 5th
The consultations are free, but call the Legal Project at 435-1770 to make an appointment.
Questar III is now offering Adult GED and ESOL classes at the library. Please contact Questar III directly for enrollment information at 273-2264.
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Beginning ESL: Mondays through Thursdays from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Mixed ESL: Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm