Wednesdays, April 17 to June 12 at 6:00 pm
Join us for this nine week program that will culminate in a completed comic book by the group and a release party. You need not attend all nine classes, but we ask you to attend at least five.
- May 15th – Character Mutations: a drawing project that will focus on developing technique and style. Register online.
- May 22nd – Story Land Map: think outside your own ideas by using a random map to create a story. Register online.
- May 29th – Cover Printing: Risograph printing for covers. Meet at Design It Together Studio. Register online.
- June 5th – Publishing a Comic: Learn about layout, binding and what it takes to complete a project. Register online.
- June 12th - Release Party! Register online.
Please plan on attending at least 5 of the nine sessions. Register for sessions individually.
For children in grades 5 and up! This program is free and open to the public. To register call 235-5310.
This project is made possible through COMMUNITYART$GRANTS, a program funded through the State and Local Partnership Program of the NYS Council on the Arts and the Arts Center of the Capital Region.
Preschool Family Storytime will be offered for children up to the age of 5 accompanied by parents and caregivers.
- Main Library: Wednesdays at 10:30 am. Please call 274-7071 to register.
- Lansingburgh Branch: Fridays at 10:30 am Please call 235-5310 to sign up.
We will share stories, rhymes, songs, and simple crafts.
Monthly on Wednesdays at 6:00 pm
- May 8th – Holes by Louis Sachar
To find out more and register to participate, call 235-5310.
Starting September 15th – Saturdays at 10:00 – 3:00 pm
RPI’s Tutor Time was founded in Fall 2001 by a group of students participating in the America Reads / America Counts Work Study program, a government sponsored program that promotes the “no child left behind” initiative. Its goal is to ensure that each child, grades K-9, receive assistance in basic math and reading skills.
Tutor Time works on an appointment basis at each of its locations. Students are given one hour appointments between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Please make your appointment by calling The Tutor Time Hotline – 518-276-3098 or by filling out an application.
Programs for teens!
- Teen Gaming: Every Tuesday from 3:00 – 5:00 pm