In these times of high gas prices, a lot of families are seeking activities closer to home. The Troy Public Library has introduced the Museum Pass program to help people stay closer to home while enjoying the season. The library has purchased passes to a number of area museums and will loan the passes for a period of three days. We have passes for the following museums:
- Albany Institute of History & Art (Troy & Lansingburgh)
- Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
- Hancock Shaker Village
- Hyde Museum (Troy & Lansingburgh)
- Mass MOCA
- Norman Rockwell Museum
- Schenectady Museum and Suits-Beuche Planetarium (Troy & Lans)
- Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute (Troy & Lansingburgh)
- USS Slater ( Troy & Lansingburgh)
How does it work?
- Passes are available to Upper Hudson Library card holders who possess a valid library card in good standing; availability is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- To find out if a pass is available for checkout that day, please call 274-7071.
- You may borrow only one pass per household at any one time.
- Passes are checked out for three days only and must be returned directly to a staff member of the library from which the pass was check out. Failure to return the pass to the appropriate library will result in a $5 fine.
- Please check individual passes for terms of usage.
- No renewals. Late fee: $5.00/day. Replacement fee for lost pass: $15.00.
Museum Pass Program is sponsored by the Friends of the Troy Public Library