We are happy to accept donations of books or other materials that are in good condition. If we do not add the items to our collection, they will be given to our book sale, held weekly at the Lansingburgh Branch. Although we can sometimes use older books, in most cases books printed more than ten years ago will not be added to our collection and are unlikely to find a buyer at our book sale. Please keep in mind that the library must pay to dispose of book donations that are not usable to us.
- DVDs and CDs must be original copies in playable condition.
- Books printed within the last ten years are preferred..
- No magazines, encyclopedias, textbooks or Reader’s Digest Condensed Books.
- Books must not be musty or damaged in any way.
- VHS tapes are accepted for the book sale but will not be added to our current collection.
Please place all donations in sturdy boxes or bags, and schedule large donations in advance. If you would like a receipt for tax purposes, we can provide a dated acknowledgment of the donation, but cannot place monetary value on donated items.